Northeastern only considers courses for credit in which a grade of C or higher is earned. Courses taken in a pass/fail format are not considered for credit with the exception highlighted below.
For students interested in joining Northeastern, either as a transfer student or first-year student enrolled in a dual enrollment program, we will consider courses for credit in which a pass grade was earned in the spring and/or summer 2020 semesters. This is an exception to our policy of not accepting courses for credit taken in a pass/fail format and is in response to the burden felt by students newly accessing material in an entirely online format due to COVID-19.
Policy for students entering in the fall or spring semesters of the 2021-22 school year:
- Northeastern will consider courses in which a P/Passing grade has been earned for course credit
- The course must be credit bearing from the transferring institution to be considered
- This will apply to students whose spring and/or summer 2021 semesters have moved to full or partial Pass/Fail grading
- Students must still complete the transfer credit evaluation process and provide syllabi for those classes not listed in Northeastern’s transfer credit database
- Classes must have a Northeastern course or elective equivalent in order to be eligible for credit toward graduation requirements
- Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org